Tuesday, January 30: Michael Kissell, CPA gave a presentation to the Objective Rally Point veterans’ business owner group at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, Virginia on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, and covered the following topics.
- Qualified Business Income Deduction and how it affects S-Corps, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships
- Entity formation under the new Tax Reform
- New bonus depreciation rules for fixed assets
- Meals and entertainment and how the changes impact bookkeeping
- Cash vs. accrual methods of accounting with the new $25M threshold
- Net operating losses incurred after 12/31/17
Click for more information about the presenter, Michael Kissell, CPA.
Eric Cohen, CPA is the President and Founder of E. Cohen and Company CPAs, a full-service CPA firm serving nonprofit organizations, government contractors, professional service companies and other industries with audit, tax and business advisory services for over 26 years. The firm was commended as a SmartCPA Reader’s Choice by SmartCEO magazine and a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” by AccountingToday magazine. For more information, visit www.ecohencpas.com or call 301-917-6200.