We Specialize in Tax Planning and Accounting Services for Professional Athletes and Sports-Industry Executives.
Your Winning Team
- E. Cohen and Company, CPAs leads the field in helping you reach your financial goals.
- Our team knows the drill for taming your taxes and saving you money.
- We specialize in game-winning strategies for pro athletes and sports-industry professionals.
- Let us go to bat for you with the IRS, state, and local tax agencies.
Our financial-planning playbook includes:
- Federal and state tax return preparation
- Multi-state and international tax issues
- Tax planning and cash flow projections
- Bill paying and bookkeeping
- Tax-efficient investment strategies
- Wealth preservation and financial planning
- Charitable giving and estate planning
Game-Winning Tax Tips
- Athletes are a target for IRS and state audits
- Being traded can be very costly in terms of state taxes
- Purchasing a uniform number can be tax deductible
- Rookie dinners and other expenses can be tax deductible
- League and team fines are tax deductible
- Agents’ fees are tax deductible
- Different states have different rules for taxing pro athletes, and not knowing the rules can be costly
- The duty-days method is generally more beneficial than the games-played method